Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Museum Day! (Part 1)

Back in late November, Jami and I took advantage of a rare day off at the same time and set off to see the neighborhood! I hadn't been to the museum in a very long time; certainly not with Jami.

This place looks awesome since they decided to bring their larger collection pieces inside the museum. to be a bit more accurate, they built new exhibit rooms around the larger collection pieces.


What? Who's quirky?


Part of the inspiration for heading over to the museum was for the navy exhibit. Jami is pursuing a commission as a Naval Emergency Medicine Physician, and I had exchanged several messages with some buddies from the USS VINCENNES. I wanted to add this photo to the collection on the facebook page that one of my Vinny buddies started for veterans of that ship.


You know you're an engineer when...

It's a habit of engineer ratings in the navy; the yellow boxes mounted on overheads and bulkheads in ships are called: battle lanterns. They're like the emergency lights in fire escape stairwells: they're supposed to light up when the power goes out. There's a little button on the top to make sure that the battery works.

I know... it was only an exhibit; I didn't really expect it to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment