Sunday, May 8, 2011

Maumee Bay? Holy Toledo!

This is another post that started way back in December when we went on vacation. Our first destination was Connecticut, and on the way, I convinced Jami we should turn the whole trip into a brewery tour! (I figured she'd like the idea anyway)
The first brewery we found was The Maumee Bay Brewing Company in Toledo, OH.
Being that I was on a blogging kick back in December (but didn't post until May!), Jami was just a little disappointed when she realized that I wasn't going to rush through every stop and that I was going to take pictures of everything.





Jami liked the steak salad because they put nearly a whole NY strip on the plate... And I enjoyed their take on the shepherd's pie, a.k.a. "Big Bowl of MEAT."

It's pretty tough eating well on the road... A belly full of meat n' potatoes doesn't help you stay awake behind the wheel.

Seeing how we decided to make this a brewery tour at the last minute, we didn't get the chance to take any actual tours of the breweries we visited (Jami's not interested in that part anyway). But as is the style of brewpubs today, we got to take a look at the gear:
Revisiting these photo's is giving me an itch to brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment